Birzeit University, Palestine, Sept. 2009 – May. 2013
Bachelor degree of Media/ Journalism, with minor in political science – with a very good average of 83%.
Al-Najah Secondary Girls School, Albireh, Palestine, Sept.2005 – May. 2009
Tawjeehi certificate, Class of 2009 – with an average of 92%, literary stream.
- Jul.2015 – current , editor and news anchor at Palestine TV (PBC)
- Edit and present news
- Presented and produced a financial TV programme
- worked as field reporter for 6 months
- Oct. 2014 – Oct.2015, TV Producer at 4D Media Production & Consultancy
- Worked on a film about death penalty in Palestine for the UN
- Produce “Coffee in Palestine” program for PRESS TV
- Produce features and daily news reports for several regional and international TV channels
- Oct. 2013 – Sep,2014, Operations & PR Officer At Alkamal Paltrans Company
- Aug. 2013 – Sep. 2013, Administrative Assistant and PR at Rawan Association For Child Development
- Sep.2012 – July. 2013, Advancement Office at Birzeit University (worked in the fundraising and event planning)
|Courses and trainings
- Nov. – Dec. 2016, Qatar- took an intensive training with Al-Jazeera Media Training Centre in field reporting, video journalism, data journalism, infographics and online media
- Nov. – Dec. 2016, New York and Washington D.C. – participated in a 5 week training programme for Palestinian journalists
- Took several training inside and outside the UN that included visits to major media institutions and international associations as well as meeting some high level politicians in the U.S.
- Sep. 2016, Venezuela, covered the MNOAL (The Movement of Non-Aligned Countries) as part of the media delegation with President Mahmoud Abbas
- Sep. 2016, New York, Covered the Annual United Nations General Assembly meeting at the UN as part of the media delegation with President Mahmoud Abbas
- Mar. 2014 – Apr. 2014, took a training in New Media and social change with Ameen Media Network & Global Nomads group
- Made a short film about Targeting Journalists.
- Aug. 2013 – Sept.2013 took training and participated in a campaign with ALWANEE-PALESTINE.
- Mar. 2013, took a training in camera work in Media Development Center at Birzeit University
- Oct.2012 – Jan. 2013, trained in Al-Ayyam Newspaper in news editing. Oct. 2011– Nov. 2011, Trained at Radio Mazaj FM in news broadcasting
- Jun. 2011 – Aug 2011, trained at Wafa news agency in the multimedia dep.
- Took a course in broadcasting reports, radio stories, and writing for TV reports
- 2008, took a course in youth leadership and community change with “Youth Leadership Institute” in San Francisco.
- 2008, several courses in a youth exchange program focused on information technology and communication technology, advocacy and leadership with the Global Connection & Exchange Program (USA).
- Finished more than 400 voluntary work hours inside and outside Birzeit University campus in various aspects and activities.
- Mar. 2013 – now, a member in the facebook page “campain for exposing Israeli Crimes via social media”
- Sep. 2009– current, volunteer at Birzeit University Forum for debate.
- Jan. 2012– Jan. 2013 volunteered at Advancement Office, Birzeit University
| Research &
- Worked on making proposals
- Made three audio slideshows about different topics
- Established a web blog (www.dianakhayyat.wordpress.com)
- Designed a Radio Magazine
- Made several research in different topics in Political Science
| Skills and
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills.
- Planning and Organizing.
| Technical skills
- MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Movie Maker.
- Final cut.
- Arabic (native language).
- English (Excellent in speaking and writing skills.)
||Writing, Travelling, Reading, workshops, Volunteering, and Events planning.
||References are available upon request.